The best apps for Interior Design, that I would recommend.
Starting off the new year of 2023 right, I love using the best productivity solutions available. While somethings can’t be reproduced here are a few Web-based apps that are like my best design assistant.
Technology can make life easier. For such a long time Interior Design businesses have been at the mercy of engineering and architecture type programs. Many that do not fit the hourly billing model and others that make being a solopreneur cumbersome.
Here are a few of my favorite can’t live without resources that are like having a design assistant in your pocket. As you begin the new year, consider prioritizing seeking out the best tools available to streamline your workflow. Luckily, with the advancement of technology, you now have access to various innovative apps that can make your life easier. Here are some of the best resources you can’t live without:
Design Appy provides a comprehensive platform for visualizing finishes and materials for different spaces. With its quick visualizer feature, designers can get a realistic impression of different finishes in a given room. The app also allows for creating tile drawings and elevations, making it an excellent tool for drafting and presenting design plans to clients.
2. MagicPlan: for measuring and documenting the space. available on your iPhone.
This app is handy for measuring and documenting spaces, allowing designers to get accurate measurements and create professional floor plans without needing a clipboard and tape measure. One of the best features of MagicPlan is its ability to allow clients to take their measurements of the space, which can be incredibly helpful during virtual design appointments or when walking a project site
3. Trello: for order tracking and connecting with your team virtually on projects.
This app provides a simple and effective way to communicate design ideas with clients, organize work schedules, and track orders for projects. One of the best features of Trello is its ability to help designers set up cards to keep information organized in columns. Trello allows for real-time collaboration between designers and clients, making it an excellent tool for streamlining the design process.
.here is a template already set up for you to download
4. Canva: to create all your graphic needs.
This web-based program offers a user-friendly interface that allows designers to create professional-looking graphics without requiring extensive design skills or software. With Canva, Interior Designers can easily create marketing materials such as social media posts, flyers, and brochures, helping to support their solopreneur businesses and make them look just as professional as larger companies.
5. Planoly- To layout and schedule your social media
This app allows designers to plan, schedule, and publish their Instagram posts in one place, making it an essential resource for any designer looking to enhance their social media presence. Planoly offers a range of features, including drag-and-drop grid planning, hashtag suggestions, and detailed analytics.
6. Grammarly- Love this writing tool! its having a second set of eyes to check for spelling and grammar errors, provide suggestions for sentence structure and word choice, and even identify potential plagiarism. For Interior Designers who may struggle with typos and grammar errors, Grammarly is like having a personal proofreader on their computer, making writing and blogging feel more comfortable and less daunting.
7. IFTTT- (if this this then that) will grab your insta-post and pin it, then tweet it and it is pretty endless in its skills. You don’t have to check in with it. It’s always running. How can this help your Interior Design business? Well, imagine getting your content posted to the platform when you want it, by setting up a plan. Just generate content place it on the first platform and watch as it gets tweeted, posted to Facebook a few days later, and lands on your Facebook page. All while being pinned to pinterest.- Magic short people that live inside my phone and computer. I love technology.
8. Chat GPT- Chat GPT is an AI writing program created by OpenAI, and it can be accessed through its website. This makes a big difference in your marketing language and how you can talk about your business. You can use Chat GPT for blog outlines, researching sources, and help to generate content ideas, writing and proofreading blog posts, and even answering customer inquiries. Chat GPT can help Interior Designers save time and streamline operations by providing quick and accurate responses to common questions.
9. Midjourney- Midjourney is an AI image creation Program. This helps you tap into your creativity and create concepts and visuals that can make your creativity shine. It is a resource for creating those images that convey an idea without having to use Pinterest for other people’s images. Try it! It can make the essential visuals that your Business needs. Midjourney’s images help create a unique, compelling brand that resonates with your target audience. A well-defined brand can help Interior Designers stand out in a crowded market and attract more clients. Here is a tutorial and how to use it.
10. Inshot- Inshot is a video editing app from the App Store or Google Play Store. This is the easiest video editing program to use on the phone. Interior Designers can use Inshot to create short-format videos for their social media platforms. These videos can showcase their work, share design tips, and engage with their audience. Inshot offers a range of editing tools and features that can help you create professional-looking videos with ease.
11. lemon8- is a social media platform. You can leverage its features and products to enhance your social media presence and engage with a broader audience. You can pair this with Shuffles app and have additional support for your social platform.
Let me know what is your favorite software program because I want to use it too. Pin this to your business board to save for later.
LEAVE A COMMENT