Here are 6 ways Design Appy will help your Interior Design business workflow by preventing the largest excuse and reason to say no.
Have you heard the quote before: “A confused mind always says no”.?
After 20 years worth of new homes, flipping properties, selling fine art, and working with homeowners. It is obvious, if they can see it they will say yes. Hello! I am Maria and I am a TX Registered Interior Designer and fine artist. I know if I can get those big ticket items like a painting or a rug into the house they will say yes. While in the showroom, the excuse is that they just can’t see it and they don’t want to commit. I am dealing with a confused mind and a lack of trust.
How do those home design shows with the turquoise kitchen cabinets and the patterned flooring do it? Well, those show home owners are under contract that they don’t get to make any decisions. As long as women have children to raise and spare time, there will be clients and projects with people with too much time on their hands. With that much time to do research, and look at every website or design board out there. Those time delays breed doubt and more confusion. So as a professional what do you do.?
Here are 6 ways in my business that I can use Design Appy to Build trust, gain business leads and bust excuses and apprehensions.
- Sales- your camera roll can contain images of all of your favorite “go-to” products. Show them by taking a picture of a space and placing the object in it. – no more go back to your computer and using photoshop to show drapery fabric or a light fixture.
- Quicker Solutions/ More Trust– Not all clients start off as Full service clients. When I meet with a homeowner to collaboratively brainstorm about their home and look at lots of selections, (they expect multiple options). During the process they learn quickly they only like or want a few options. If I am making 5 bathrooms worth of selections the homeowner may not be able to decide between their favorite two for the Owner suite. but the second option becomes the guest room and by bath 3 the: “I trust you, just do it.” I love every thing you have pulled so far.
- To make this process faster draw up the walls for each room and sizes before meeting with your client or builder. Label each room in the program you intend to do that day. When meeting with the clients document the selections and quickly scroll through different sizes and patterns that you know will look best.
- In a pinch add in the tile pulled from an internet picture and cropped down.
- Email off the house to your assistant to make changes, put together Purchase Orders or update drawings as the project progresses.
- When you realize you missed a grout or a liner– look back through images quickly to see what space you are being asked about.
- Remodel this space- Take a photo of a space and show the finishes you recommend. Grab the cool wallpaper and the patterned colorful floors and reclaimed teak tile that out of context they would say no to but seeing it in the space makes sense.
- Designer for a day-Use the tools in Design Appy to show your client what you recommend (without having homework that needs to be done back at the office.) Wrap up the task that day while the momentum and the creative juices are flowing. If you need to cook dinner, sleep on it, check e-mail and deal with pressing tasks your “design for a day” followup becomes a burden. Especially now that they have had time to change things or ask additional questions.Designer for a day-Use the tools in Design Appy to show your client what you recommend (without having homework that needs to be done back at the office.) Wrap up the task that day while the momentum and the creative juices are flowing. If you need to cook dinner, sleep on it, check e-mail and deal with pressing tasks your “design for a day” followup becomes a burden. Especially now that they have had time to change things or ask additional questions.
- Recruit new Clients- Does a Realtor have an Ugly home listed? Grab the images off the listing and show them the proposed design that you could see for the house. You will become the new best resource for them they never knew existed.
- Marketing your business-I love to design expensive spaces with wonderful light fixtures and go over the top of a normal clients budget. I post those items on my social media and Pinterest to get more clients with higher budgets and a design aesthetic that is more in keeping with my ideal client. Create a style guide for your website with a survey and gain email addresses. How about Hermes Wallpaper?
Design Appy is here to make design more fun.