I hired a business coach 2 years ago and it was expensive. So expensive, that basically, what she said …I did…. And when she mentioned I needed to read 6 books STAT. I knew I was screwed. What?! I don’t read books unless I am on a plane or the internet is not available (also why on a plane).
I needed a new solution. Not an excuse, but a solution.
I just cannot get myself to read books. Sitting happens a bunch- so much so- I have a pedometer and step goals. However, I have never heard of or seen someone not grow while exposing themselves to new ideas and information.
Guess what the most valuable investment is that I make in myself each month? Audible.
Books to put on your to do list.
- Overcoming UnderEarning.- Barbara Stanny- Buy this one in paper…. it is a great book club book and get others to do the book with you.
- The Subtle Art of not giving and F**k- Mark Manson: The first part is about male ego-ish things and once you get through that… it is good.
- You are a Bad Ass By Jen Sincero- Her chapter on money alone is worth this book but I enjoyed her stories.
- Tribes by Seth Godin I listened to Tribes then bought it- Page 112 has a very good story about the brilliant Barbara Barry and how she pitched her Furniture line.
- Building a story Brand by Donald Miller_ It’s like a masters degree in marketing in one book. It explains so much of how the world is operating around you.
If listening to a book on Audio is too much work and time: here are 3 TED Talks
Elizabeth Gilbert_ Your Elusive Creative Genius . Big Magic has one story that is incredible and is my recommended part of the book. She covers it in her TED talk.
Tim Harford- How frustration Makes us more creative
Shonda Rhimes and Cyndi Stivers_ the future of storytelling
If you have a good read for 2019 Please let me know!